Forum Title: Aervoe 800 , only for fields?
Could one bootstrap a paint striping business starting with one of these? or do they just make really sloppy looking lines that would only pass if you were marking fields for games?
Category: Paving Post By: JOANN MAY (Meriden, CT), 01/09/2020

For parking lots, No. Painting sport fields, Maybe yes. My town league they only use spray cans but with a cart with bigger wheels. The cost of the cans is very expensive compared to buying bulk paint using a striping machine.

- JUDITH COOPER (Aurora, CO), 01/31/2020

Originally posted by Fbt775 View Post That was my conundrum. A gallon is 3 to 400 sq ft right? So 350 average. Well i'm seeing 12 pack cases of the spray paint where you're only going to have an increase of 30 to 40% on cost of goods. Thats a huge hit to the bottom line but if one is bootstrapping the entire endeavor themselves that works out right? (According to my math it does) Everywhere I look Im seeing the recommended basic starting equipment is a 1500 or 2000 dollar machine and half those places sell the machines so im not entirely sure im getting straight advise. If you want to do parking lots and some fields, you need a full size striper. Titan 3500 is a good starter unit at $4000 but showing more problems with it. Buy a used Graco 3900 doesn't matter what year it is, it will paint like it was new. You can keep the machine forever and it will still paint. Its a slight investment but will recoup the cost very quickly.

- GENE NUNEZ (Peoria, IL), 01/31/2020

That was my conundrum. A gallon is 3 to 400 sq ft right? So 350 average. Well i'm seeing 12 pack cases of the spray paint where you're only going to have an increase of 30 to 40% on cost of goods. Thats a huge hit to the bottom line but if one is bootstrapping the entire endeavor themselves that works out right? (According to my math it does) Everywhere I look Im seeing the recommended basic starting equipment is a 1500 or 2000 dollar machine and half those places sell the machines so im not entirely sure im getting straight advise.

- MICHELLE LOPEZ (Schenectady, NY), 01/31/2020

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527